You are here
LIFT News: Apply to Host an HCD Fellow
2017-2018 Housing and Community Development Fellowship Program —
Call for Placement Agencies
Housing and Community Development Fellowship
The HCD Fellowship program is funded by the City of Memphis' Division of Housing and Community Development and facilitated by the School of Urban Affairs and Public Policy (SUAPP) at the University of Memphis. The competitive program places highly qualified graduate students with government and nonprofit agencies and organizations that are leading community development efforts in Memphis. The program seeks to support the work of selected placement agencies while enhancing the education of selected student fellows. Selected students are paired with a placement agency, where they work for 20 hours per week (at no cost to the placement agency).
- Placement agencies will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness of agency mission
- Demonstrated and potential ability to improve quality of life for Memphis neighborhoods and residents.
- Connection to priority areas/neighborhoods of the Memphis Division of Housing and Community Development.
- Clarity of the proposed fellowship scope of work and focus
Full time graduate students in Anthropology, City and Regional Planning, Criminology and Criminal Justice, Public Administration and Social Work are eligible to apply. Students will be selected based on their academic and professional promise and their potential to contribute to selected placement agencies.
Students receive an hourly paid wage and tuition remission.
Click here for the online AGENCY Application.
For more information about the program, click here to see the 2015-2016 report.