You are here
The Community LIFT Uplift Grant program accepts requests for $500 or less to support community action through small-scale projects in LIFT Communities. Uplift Grants support placed-based grassroots community activities that promote neighborhood pride, healthier living, sustainability, educational exposure, and community peace and unity. The grants are intended to help stimulate creative thinking that empowers stakeholders with ownership in revitalizing their communities.
- Who is Eligible for a Micro Grant?
- Individuals or nonprofit organizations working toward community development in a LIFT community.
- Neighborhood associations operating within a LIFT Community.
- Community organizations with annual budgets of $30,000 or less (Proof of budget may be requested)
- Principals and/or teachers at schools within a LIFT Community.
- Individuals with projects that address human capacity-building, economic and community development.
- How can I Apply? When?
- Organizations interested in an Uplift Grant must complete and return a simple, three-page application.
- Community LIFT will accept grant applications twice a year, during announcement periods only (mid-February and mid-July).
- Uplift Grants are reviewed by LIFT staff and LIFT Board. Applicants are typically notified about a final decision within six to eight weeks of submission.
- Community LIFT reserves the right to invite supported applicants to present to the LIFT Board of Directors before and after project completion, and to proactively seek out innovative projects that can bypass the traditional application process